All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

A friend of mine is a great student of the Bible. He tells me many things he has learned in his Bible study time. I have invited him here. Hope he comes soon.

His main topic is the origin of satan. Before he gets here I want to hear from y'all. Did satan fall or was he made as he is from the beginning?

Views: 752

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Carla,
At last.......... I was wondering when it would stop.

"Soentjies"
Ron.
It's that age old tactic satan uses.. ... our appetite for knowledge as a weakness. Genesis 3:5...he used it on Eve. '....and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil.'

again.. that is why we must be pure, obedient, and trusting in Christ...keeping our eyes on Him!

so I am free in knowing that there is alot I don't know! But I do know that God cannot lie.. and HE loves me.. His Grace is sufficient! Blessings, Carla
Hi Terry

Just because a person has a choice to do or not to do something does not necessarily prove the permissive will of God. It would be the excercising of the will that God endowed him or her with. If a person was created with a will of his own to make choices with , these choices would be his by his own will and not God’s. It is however God’s will for us to have a will. What we do with our will is up to us and no one else. Whatever we choose to do in deed or say in word makes us responsible and not God nor anyone else.
So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. (Rom 14:12)
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Ecc 12:14

You stated in the last two paragraphs that
Sin can only exist by God permitting it to exist.

If that is the case, God made a choice of his own will and created Satan. No one else did.

If Satan is who he is it is God’s will for him to exist as he is otherwise God would make him over. He would then be different. But this is not the case.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a MURDERER FROM THE BEGINNING and ABODE NOT IN THE TRUTH, because THERE IS NO TRUTH IN HIM. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
And because I TELL YOU THE TRUTH, ye believe me not. Joh 8:45

1. murderer from the beginning
2. abode not in the truth because
3. there is no truth in him.
4. he is a liar
5. father of it
( How can anyone tell the truth if the truth is not in them?)
( How can anyone love if there is no love in them ?)
( How can anyone abide in the truth if there is no truth for them to abide in?)

Question: IS SATAN CAPABLE OF TELLING THE TRUTH?
Answer: NO
DID JESUS TELL US A LIE?
NO
Question: IS SATAN WHO HE IS BY THE WILL OF GOD?
Answer YES
( God did not destroy him and make him over again because he did not make a mistake in the first place.)
JESUS SAID HE WAS A MURDERER FROM THE BEGINNING “I TELL YOU THE TRUTH.”
THIS IS NOT AN ASSUMPTION. THIS IS THE TRUTH AS JESUS SAID!
LET US NOT CALL JESUS A LIAR. LETS BELIEVE HIM !!!!
IF SATAN IN THE BEGINNING MADE A WRONG CHOICE, HE DID IT ON HIS OWN. HE IS WHO HE IS.

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto DISHONOUR?

Job 26:13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the CROOKED SERPENT.

Isa 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
Isa 45:7 I form the light, and CREATE DARKNESS: I MAKE PEACE, AND CREATE EVIL : I the LORD do all these things.

TO WHOM WILL YE LIKEN ME, AND MAKE ME EQUAL, AND COMPARE ME, THAT WE MAY BE LIKE? Isa 46:5

Satan does not have equal or greater power than God.
HE NEVER HAS AND NEVER WILL.
Job 2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them TO PRESENT HIMSELF BEFORE THE LORD. DOES THIS LOOK EQUAL OR GREATER? DOES THIS LOOK LIKE RESISTANCE?

Rev 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

HE DOESN’T LOOK LIKE A BEAUTIFUL ANGEL TO ME . HE LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING SOMEONE WOULD PAY TO SEE AT A CIRCUS.

THERE ARE OVER TWELVE HUNDRED SCRIPTURES ABOUT OUR ENEMY IN THIS STUDY . IF YOU ARE WILLING TO PURSUE IT, IT WILL SURPRISE YOU WHAT YOU MIGHT FIND.

GO BEYOND WHAT YOU KNOW OR WHAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW.
OR EVEN WHAT OTHERS HAVE TOLD YOU. THERE IS NO LIMIT WHERE WE CAN GO WITH THE LORD!!!!!

GOD BLESS
People's Commentary (NT)

John 8:44

John 8:44 Ye are of [your] father, the devil. There are two households: that of God, composed of his children; and that of the devil, composed of his children. All who hear the voice of Christ become God's children by adoption (Romans 8:15-17), and all who refuse to hear him, do so because they belong to the devil's household and hear his voice. They "will do the lusts of their father". He was a murderer from the beginning. He caused the first murder, moves those who do murder, and those who seek to kill Christ are of his spirit.

Doesn't this make the best sense? When was the first murder?
I did a little searching on the question of whether Lucifer was in charge of worship. I am very slow on this because I assist in running a bible fellowship, I am an intercessor, and I pray a lot for and with people. I also work 9 hours a day, and I have a lot going on at home right now. So my responses may be a little slow. So sorry about that.

I believe a relationship exists between the jewels Lucifer wore, the stones on the high priest's breastplate, the stones representing the 12 tribes of Israel, and the rainbow (a symbol of his covenant).
WHOSOEVER HATETH HIS BROTHER IS A MURDERER: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. (1Jn 3:15)

Did Satan love Adam ? Satan cannot love anyone. Adam died. Satan has the power of death. This was the first murder.

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for IN THE DAY THAT THOU EATEST THEREOF THOU SHALT SURELY DIE. Gen 2:17

Wherefore, as by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Rom 5:12
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1Co 15:22

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Joh 10:10

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he ( Jesus ) also himself likewise took part of the same; THAT THROUGH DEATH HE MIGHT DESTROY HIM THAT HAD THE POWER OF DEATH, THAT IS, THE DEVIL; Heb 2:14

For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD. Pro 8:35

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
Sorry Rusty but I have no idea where you are going with this.
I cannot explain this better that it is explained here....

(Click This)
Isaiah 14.....

This is good too if you need a closer look at Isaiah 14. Look at 5.1 and notice the term "poetic allegory."

http://calvarychapelgb.com/isaiah/Isaiah14.htm

This is enough to explain. That is all that is necessary.
This ought to be plenty without over kill. An other look at Isaiah 14.

http://www.studylight.org/com/guz/view.cgi?book=isa&chapter=014

WARNING

If anyone gets angry and the posts get ugly I will delete this conversation. We, as Christians, are to love one another.
Terry, that is an excellent expository review on the topic that is located at that link. It demonstrates what the Bible says, in good and thorough exposition. Thank you for seeking that. In a sense, you have answered your own question. Good job.

I would echo the comments of Visitor and others that it is foolish to get caught in ridiculous debate. However, bad doctrine hurts people and I see serious error in some of the emphatic statements that have been made regarding this topic.
You said, "Terry, we should love and embrace each other no matter what we believe or how we believe AMEN. we are all at different points in our walk. We only learn by patience and prayerful consideration, and allowing teh Holy Spirit of God lead us and not our bellies (carnal mind)."

You are so right. Not everyone can disagree agreeably. We can but there are others who may have a problem with that.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service