All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

http://bible.cc/1_john/4-12.htm

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

http://bible.cc/exodus/33-20.htm

Ok, when the subject was brought up in the past these scriptures were used. I know people have seen God (read I think it's Genesis 18). I'm not sure what to say. For I know if I use Genesis 18 they'll say that it wasn't God it was just an angel.

What do I say concerning these scriptures when they say no man has seen God so that proves Jesus can't be God?

Views: 301

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brother, LT, did the Holy Spirit lead you to John 1 or something? He's really opened my eyes at scripture I just didn't see before.

Here, I wrote down the scriptures. In John 1:1 at the end of it it says that "...the Word was God." Go verse 14. What does it say happened to the Word? It says that the Word was made flesh. So, God and the Word can be "interchanged" so to speak mentally for verse 14. What is it saying but using the "Word" instead of God (but we both know the Word is God by reading verse 1). It's saying God came in the flesh. I mean I knew it from some other verse, 1 Tim. 3:16 but verse 1 and 14 just really jumped out. The bible is a living word!

Also, noted is ver 10 in John chapter 1. Jesus made the world, praise God!

I'm just not sure what verse 18 means right now. I think the Holy Spirit was trying to tell me something but I'm still not quite sure. Good thing He's pacient!

Excellent. Actually God is trying to tell you something as I had mentioned the Book of First John and you went to the Gospel of John. God knew that is where you needed to be!!!

God will reveal what verse 18 means to you at the right time.

Lord Bless,

LT

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service