All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

1 John 4 King James Version (KJV)

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

COMMENTS

First in the chapter,

According to the above written verses in the bible, there are prophets or in any case “persons” who are anti-christ or person who are in the world that doesn’t confessed that Lord Jesus comes in flesh … So we need to know which is  to be heared… the spirit of truth and spirit of error. Maybe the one criteria is when we ask them if Jesus comes in flesh or not? What do you think? Or they can pretend to be that also… another thing the criteria if we know or Us knows We are of God they will hear Us which is of God and if not they will not hear those who “claimed” that from God. – including me

Second

In the Old testament and New Testament the commandment was

Love God and Love your neighbor, In this chapter it was illustrated the importance of Love

To Love God with all your heart, mind soul, and strength and love your neighbor as yourself. Your brothers and especially your enemies even it might seems impossible or not doable. It is said in Mathew chaper 5: 48 Be you therefore perfect , ………. Like Loving all especially enemies. It seems not right but its written in the Bible and it was clear even its too hard to accept.

Feel free to comment or add something negative or positive

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Raven,

Here, the author John is teaching us that other 'spirits' exist.  Besides the 'Holy Spirit'  which of course is from God, there are also demonic spirits which are from satan.  Satan has always tried to distort and deny God's Word, and attempts to spread false teachings in the church to cause doubt and bring about division in the church.  It is our responsibility as the 'church' to study God's word and be able to discern truth from error.  We must test everything we hear against what the bible says, study and learn it in context.  John tells us how to test the spirits.  The first test  of a true teacher is 'Jesus Christ has come in the flesh'.  They acknowledge and proclaim that Jesus Christ is God incarnate in human flesh.  This does not just mean that Jesus Christ has come to earth... even non-believers will admit He walked the earth about 2,000 years ago.  It means that they confess that HE came to earth as God in the flesh.  His human body was both physically real, and He is also fully deity.  He is 100% human and 100% God.  The Holy Spirit testifies to the true nature of Jesus Christ as fully God and fully man, while satanic forces seek to distort and deny the true nature of Jesus.  Believers need to be aware and alert to false teaching.  God has given us the Holy Spirit to live inside us, He alerts us and gives us a 'check' that we must pay attention to when something is false.  The Holy Spirit will lead genuine Christians into all truth.  This is evidence that Salvation has actually occured.  

Your second question is about Love and it's importance. 

I'll respond to your comment "Like Loving all especially enemies. It seems not right but its written in the Bible and it was clear even its too hard to accept." and quoted Matthew 5:48 "Therefore you are to be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect".

It is true that God's standard is perfection.  We can never attain the perfection HE demands and requires of us.  That's why we need a Saviour.    The beautiful Glorious truth of the gospel is that Jesus meets that standard of perfection for us.  When we trust in Him, and have repented of our sin and believe that He died for us and rose back to life to defeat sin and death, Father God looks at us and sees the perfection of Jesus Christ.  This does not mean that we have a license or the freedom to sin.  A born again child of God will not slap Jesus in the face by sinning on purpose and taking advantage of God's Grace.  To do that would be like crucifying Jesus all over again.  To Love as the Father loves is to serve others and put God first, so we put other people first.  When we put others before ourselves we are loving God and putting Him first.  We don't serve others so that we will get attention or be noticed.  We serve them simply because God loves them.  It's another way to worship the Father and live out our faith.

When we are born again, our Spirits become born again, but our soul and body are still living in this sinful world battling the flesh.  Jesus knows how weak we are.  When we sin (which we do all the time) we know it.  We confess it and He forgives us.

There will come a time when we will receive Glorified bodies and then we will no longer sin.  We are not at that time yet, but we don't grow weary or tired to live for Jesus because we know He is the way, the truth and the life.  He is the source of all wisdom, grace, truth and love.  We come to Him because He is our ALL in ALL.  

Loving our enemies is a hard thing to do.  We have to remember that God loves them.  Try to live peacefully with everyone as much as it depends on you..  If you are not able to, then sometimes you can't be around them.  When that happens we are instructed to pray for them.  At one time, before we knew Jesus, we were considered enemies of God.  We used to oppose the presence and purposes of God, and disobey His commands.  Anyone who does these things is considered to be God's enemy.  God's enemies are fighting a losing battle.  They won't win.  It's better for them to get a glimpse of God's love if it's even through us so that they might come to a life saving knowledge of the truth of Jesus Christ.  It's important to pray for them so that The Holy Spirit will work to soften their hearts to the truth of who Jesus is and what HE has done for us.  When we pray for our enemies we are demonstrating that we are now functioning out of Love.  We are being obedient to what God calls us to do, and we prove that we are no longer an enemy to God.  The outcome of their salvation is out of our hands...It is the job of the Holy Spirit to draw them in and convict them of their sin.  He will lead them to repent of their sin and believe the gospel.  It's HIS job, not ours.  Our job is to love them.

the important thing is that we don't treat them as enemies even though they may treat us as an enemy.

I hope this clears up some of your questions.

Blessings, Carla

But, Im not perfect and my mind urges to condemn, to judge or to convict a person I related with, and im in the same period of practicing and renewing myself. I read the Bible and Easy to understand but its hard to apply. Just one say , I want to say. WE OR EACH ONE OF US, has "Confidence or Trust" to Our God or Creator. And i dont know if He'll respond or not but i read the Bible and follow the rules  or even not God always there and Present for everyone of Us and He Created Us all and Giving Us life to Stay on His Creation, so in my younger years why theres death? And my answer is God is Us and slightly mislead but because God is within each one of Us or Controls our Human Body or by way of Holy Spirit in other terms. Its better if We talk  to understand and to know more gain and act for our future self, know i more understand that. BEING Just like Human Justice or any Justice especially from God or "Just God" that its needed to "Trust God" or belief or have confidence in Him. Thanks for answering my question and these are some of my reply i make it more the merrier. Hope for Lots of Love from Here, Godbless Us

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service