All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Do you love Jesus and yet one day found yourself lost in the weeds of life wondering how far you have drifted, and wondering how in the world did that happen? Hmm ... how in the "world" did that happen ...

First ... there is hope ... one does not have to stay in the weeds.

If you are one who has experienced a time in the weeds, a season of walking in the world, but have been led out of the weeds what did God use to guide your path back to walking in the light? 

Share here ... be an encouragement to others.

Views: 224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lt, I’ve been there more times than I care to remember. I was born again as a teen ager, baptized in a creek, went to church about 2-3 times a week. Went in the service at 18, started drifting away, going to shows, which were forbidden by the church I attended, but my conscience finally gave way to “nothing wrong with what I’m doing” then I started going to dances, drinking a little with the boys, conscience seared a little more than before, crossing the Mexican border living like all the other boys. But when I got back home, things started to change, married a preachers daughter, made a vow that we would be going to church every week, well about 30 years later I finally got started again after a few business failures, devastated, started to run my pickup over a cliff, but I just couldn’t, told my wife we needed to get back in church where we belong, she agreed and said she had been thinking the same thing. So I told her about a little church I passed often with my work that had a sign in the front that said “God loves you” we went a couple of times off and on, and then I said we either need to get in or out, she said we had better get in, so we did and re-dedicate our lives to God there, and while I was sitting there, I heard the Spirit say in my spirit, “Joe it’s supper time, it’s time to come home”, so I knew I was where I was supposed to be. I wish that was the only time, but several times I’ve found myself in the WEEDS as you call them and wondered what happened, and I realize that unless we walk in the Spirit, give the Word first place, meditate in the Word, give no place to the devil, we will begin to start fulfilling the lust of the flesh again. Just starting to study, who we are in Christ, and who Christ is in us. When a person lives, or tries to live under the law, do this, do that to be righteous, there is no stability in our walk with Him, we give place to the devil, and he will take advantage of that opening, as I heard one preacher say, he will eat your lunch and pop the bag.

JB

Sorry for the novel, I haven’t mastered the art of getting a point across with fewer words.  

Hey JB,

Those were words well spent! Been down the road twice in my life for different reasons, but same outcome. A child of God needs God and best of all God wants His children. 

I came to know God as a child and as a teen chose to live for me. This lasted about 15 years. A series of events led me to cry out to Him and He responded. I basically cried out to Him that I cannot live this life anymore without Him. I needed Him, please take control of my life ... He did not chastise me, read the riot act to me ... Holy Spirit came in and filled me. One could debate eternal security (and I don't want to) i just know I was saved young but floundered in self and failed in self. God has so much more for us when we will surrender ... Sanctification is a beautiful experience, but it is the true beginning of God living His life through us. This does not mean we will not have difficult days, or fall backwards, but it does mean by the power and presence of Holy Spirit we can and will overcome.

I think there is a perceived problem, real or false, perceived none the less.Most fear being judged for their drifting instead of  being received back with open arms and the love of a Father welcoming home his wayward son ... 

I look forward to hearing from others. 

Of course, I have been lost in the weeds of life and often still think I am. Life definitely has its challenging moments, and it can feel as if I’m facing these challenges alone. There are always relationship problems, family conflict, emotional stresses, losses. The future here on earth doesn’t seem vibrant but I know my heavenly home is waiting up ahead. I have been struggling with some very big negatives in life—illness, grief and loss. I’ve learned that we all need balance in our lives and those negatives are real and painful. Yet, there are big positives, too. It’s easier to focus on the negatives and to let those negatives make it seem like all of life is terrible. But it isn’t. It’s not about thinking in terms of all or nothing—but balancing it out. God is there for us. We can pour out our heart to Him and it’s ok to talk to God about all the negatives and the confusion and the pain. We then need to ask God to help us see the positives, our blessings, and the good that God gives us in the land of the living. 

The weeds get pretty tall at times don’t they Amanda? But as long as we look up, “at the Son” He will always show us a way out. As He told Paul “My grace is sufficient for you”

When Jesus looked up when He fed the multitudes, I believe He was looking above what was before Him… into the Spiritual realm, and not at the situation that was facing Him. How easily our temporal situations can pull our eyes off of the truth.

Blessings JB

I gave my life to the Lord when I was a teenager.  I don't know if my submission was authentic at that time, I didn't stay with Him for very long.  When I walked away I certainly went full steam ahead into the world though, and didn't come back to Him until about 20 years later.

Looking back I can see how God used many people in my life to bring my attention back to Him, but it really took me suffering from anxiety to realize my need for Him and surrender.  This time was different.  I 'saw' Him. My heart was opened and my eyes were unveiled.  Suddenly I could see.  In addition to my spiritual sight being opened, I also had physical sensations of being lifted and carried, my eyes being cleansed (like something fell off of them) and a physical weight being lifted off of me.  All of the sudden my depression was lifted and I knew I was free, forgiven and loved.  

I say 'suddenly' because it really was sudden.  It was drastic and undeniable and it changed me forever.

Somehow I knew I needed to repent of my sin and believe that He will save me, but at the time I didn't even know what the bible said about that.  I knew in that moment though that HE is Holy and HE is Love.  His love and forgiveness drew me to Him, and I saw in that moment how He had been wooing and drawing me back.  His love and forgiveness is so irresistible and all consuming.

Since then, I've been with Him.  Some times it's hard to keep my focus where it needs to be, especially when things are going well (when things are going well I'm inclined to feel self sufficient), but my heart, mind and focus is on Him.  The Holy Spirit guides me and has been guiding me all along, it's just a matter of me listening and being obedient.

I just know He's got me.  I pray frequently for the strength to never walk away again.  I also know how weak I am, and that I need Him to sustain my faith.

Praise God!

Carla

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service