All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

His love for us is unconditional,God has done soo many things in my life and I will always give thanks to him for my life and my entire family

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No it's not unconditional, His love, that is.  It does have conditions, but I do agree that the LORD is good.  His love indeed has conditions.....He does have a benevolant love, but if you read about His love for humanity, He defines His conditions on humanity in His Word.  It is everyone He has given His Son Jesus to save from their sins, but remarkably, some will refuse this great gift of Grace and continue in their sin.  While He loves us, there will be those who will not receive the eternal life with Him.  Our Creator has conditions, they are talked about in almost every single chapter of the Bible.  

Kind Regards, 

And keep giving Thanks!

Amen

Hello Watchman, your response is very perplexing to me.  (No it's not unconditional, His love, that is) and (Our Creator has conditions, they are talked about in almost every single chapter of the Bible) also (His love indeed has conditions.)

I read usually from the KJV but not a KJV only, it’s just that I can understand the context better. But I don’t think I am following your thinking, or your point, and if I am misunderstanding it, please forgive me. But if you can help with my understanding your post, it would be much appreciated. Just give me some of your references concerning God’s criteria for Him loving us. I’ve always taught that God’s love was unconditional. In other words, it would be very questionable whether or not we are accepted by God, if we couldn’t measure up to His requirements for Him to extend His love to me. So, how would one know for sure that God loves me?

Because I, like most of us could never be good enough for Him to love me. I don’t want to seem controversial, but how can we know what God’s requirements are to be accepted.

My reference would be that, Jo.3:16, “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son…,” not just those that loved Him. He Loved us while we were yet sinners.

Jo.1:29 “Behold the lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world

1 John 2:2  
  And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The only condition, I see here would be, you have to be in the world for Him to love you.

So, in light of these scriptures, wouldn’t that make it unconditional on His part?

Speaking the truth in love,

JB

Is everyone going to be saved, JB? And if so, pleasse provide Scriptures.  

Why do we tell people the Gospel....i.e. to repent and believe?

It is conditional...there are prerequisites/ What about the rich man that walked away from Jesus.    My goodness, stop!  Stop giving those whom you might be talking to, false information....yes the Lord requires repentence, belief, obedience, etc., there is nothing that says I have to do nothing but live and the LORD will save me.  Stop the madness, JB.  Seriously, it's harming those who will live for the LORD.    You are like a Joel Olsteen....sorry for being so blunt, but you are harming those who are looking for Christ and trying to find the right way to walk towards Him.  I hate to say this, I really do, but you are doing a great disservice to those looking to be savedl  You have no business here.  

Sorry Watchman, maybe we all need to take a course in exegesis. You are debating a different subject than I. I thought we were discussing God’s Love, not salvation, righteousness, etc. Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

So maybe when you can understand the subject we are trying to discuss, we can help others find their way to a LOVING God, and not an “Allah, or a Mohammed.”

You said “yes the Lord requires repentence, belief, obedience, etc.,”, does any of my response indicate that I think we can just live like the devil and still be saved and enjoy the provisions that God has promised to those that love Him? Just because God loves a person, doesn’t mean that they will be saved. They have a choice, to accept Him or reject Him, but that doesn’t change His Love for them. God’s love will be for any person as long as he is breathing, there have been “I believe” many have received God’s mercy and Grace on their death bed. (Jo.3:7 says, Ye must be born again) Hebrews 9:26-28 (KJV)
26  For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
27  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
28  So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

John 1:4-5 (KJV)
4  In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6  There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7  The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8  He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9  That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10  He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11  He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

You were bold to tell me I shouldn’t be here, I’m sorry you feel that way, I still love you, and I think you are being very religious about this. I noticed you use more conjecture and theory, than you do the Word of God. “Scripture” to express your views, why is that? 

I don’t know exactly what your convictions are, i.e. Baptist, Pentecostal, or what. But I am going to say something that will probably ruffle your feathers even more.

In light of Ro. 14:14… if sin sent a person to hell, which one would it be? Seriously, there is a sin that will send a person to hell, and that is not accepting Christ as their Savior. (BTW. I think maybe you should do a study on “CHRIST”, what is He, and or, who is He.) Jesus was “THE CHRIST”

Romans 14:12-23 (KJV)
12  So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
13  Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
14  I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
15  But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
16  Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
17  For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.      [Heb.12:14, Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:] “Emphisis mine”

18  For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
19  Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
20  For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
21  It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
22  Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
23  And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

I hope you have taken the time to read all of this, and understand it. Love you in Christ

JB

PS if the moderator’s feel I don’t belong here, or have any business here, they will ban me from posting here I’m sure.

There are a lot of those that claim to christians, are not telling the people the Gospel, gospel means Good News, telling people that "if you will do this or that, then God will love you and you can be saved from your sins. " Is this what you believe, you have to be good, holy, righteous, sinless, before God will love you? 

"Repent and believe" is not the Gospel, The Gospel, the good news is, God Loves you with an everlasting Love, while you were yet sinners Christ died for you, so now you can believe and repent and you can be born again. To as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His Name. Jo.1:12.

2 Corinthians 5:19 (KJV)
19  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. What is this saying to you?

Bluntly, NO!!! Scripture says just the opposite,   Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV) 
21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 
22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 
23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service