Most definitely there is a God. When all is going well with us we may forget to thank God. But, when things are going BAD we say, "How can God let this happen". God is with us at ALL times. God may not always give us the answer we want, but he will always give us what we need. What we want may be a big chocolate Sundae ice cream. But, what we need is a fruit bowl instead. God is our loving Father. He loves us his children like a Father. A Holy and perfect Father.
May God bless you and may you keep growing in the love and peace of Jesus I pray, Amen.
God is always with us. He promised that he'll never leave us or forsake us, and He won't (Hebrews 13:5).
We all experience times when we feel God is silent. There are a few things we can do.
1) Remind ourselves of how God has answered prayers in the past. Keep a journal if you need to.
2) Ask God if there is any sin that has grieved the Holy Spirit....He'll show you, and when He does, repent of it.
3) Stay in community. Allow God's people to speak into your life so that they can remind you of His faithfulness and you will be encouraged as you are reminded and wrapped in His Love.
4) As Journeyman has already said, God gives us what we need and what's good for us rather than what we want. But be careful, He may allow what you want instead of what you need for discipline purposes. If that happens you will be left in a worse position. Trust Him and wait on Him. Sometimes faith requires us to sit still and wait.
5) Pay attention to what brothers and sisters In Christ are saying to you... God speaks and moves through His people as we are His hands and feet. Check everything in the scriptures.
Let us know how things are going.