All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I don't know I'm facing a BIG problem. I keep in wishing that God will help me but he didn't listen to me. Maybe there's no God.

Views: 161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Joseph,

Most definitely there is a God. When all is going well with us we may forget to thank God. But, when things are going BAD we say, "How can God let this happen". God is with us at ALL times. God may not always give us the answer we want, but he will always give us what we need. What we want may be a big chocolate Sundae ice cream. But, what we need is a fruit bowl instead. God is our loving Father. He loves us his children like a Father. A Holy and perfect Father.

May God bless you and may you keep growing in the love and peace of Jesus I pray, Amen.

journeyman

Thank you. I hope God will help me because I'm starting to lose hope
We may face times of feeling hopeless but do we still have faith? Do we know God is there even if we don't see Him moving in our situation? Blessed are those who believe and haven't seen. We know that in this life we will have troubles, but this isn't the end of life. There's something far greater.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
I believe in God. But he don't answer my prayers =(
And He won't always for reasons that may not be evident or ever will. But we must trust His judgement. Here's a little story that might help called Bad Day.

Me (in a tizzy) : God, can I ask you something?
GOD: Sure.
Me: Promise you won't get mad?
GOD: I promise.
Me (frustrated): Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today?
GOD: What do you mean?
Me: Well I woke up late,
GOD: Yes
Me: My car took forever to start,
GOD: Okay....
Me (growling): At lunch, they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait
GOD: Hmmmm..
Me: On the way home, my phone went dead, just as I picked up a call
GOD: All right
Me (loudly): And to top it all off, when I got home, I just wanted to soak my feet in my foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work. Nothing went right today! Why did you do that?
GOD: Well let me see..... the death angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life.I let you sleep through that.
Me (humbled): Oh...
GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that might have hit you if you were on the road
Me (ashamed): ............
GOD: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work
Me (embarrassed): Oh.....
GOD: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give a false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered
Me (softly): I see God
GOD: Oh and that foot massager, it had a short that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.
Me: I'm sorry God.
GOD: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me.........in all things, the good and the bad
Me: I WILL trust you God
GOD: And don't doubt that my plan for your day is always better than your plan
Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, thank you for everything today.
GOD: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I love looking after my children.

Hi Joseph,

God is always with us.  He promised that he'll never leave us or forsake us, and He won't (Hebrews 13:5).

We all experience times when we feel God is silent.  There are a few things we can do.

1) Remind ourselves of how God has answered prayers in the past.  Keep a journal if you need to. 

2) Ask God if there is any sin that has grieved the Holy Spirit....He'll show you, and when He does, repent of it.

3) Stay in community.  Allow God's people to speak into your life so that they can remind you of His faithfulness and you will be encouraged as you are reminded and wrapped in His Love.

4) As Journeyman has already said, God gives us what we need and what's good for us rather than what we want.  But be careful, He may allow what you want instead of what you need for discipline purposes.  If that happens you will be left in a worse position.  Trust Him and wait on Him.  Sometimes faith requires us to sit still and wait.

5) Pay attention to what brothers and sisters In Christ are saying to you... God speaks and moves through His people as we are His hands and feet.  Check everything in the scriptures.

Let us know how things are going.

Blessings, Carla

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service