All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Drugs have a hold on me. No matter how much I try I fail I've tried meetings, I've been to rehab , I've been to prison I've been to church.

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kerri, my heart so goes out to you. I'm an addict, past addict, clean addict or whatever u want to call it. My daughter struggles with this constantly. She's actually in rehab at the moment. It's her 3rd time. I'm not even here to give u any advice because obviously, I don't have the answers if you look at my record with children. However, I do want you to know that it's not an impossible situation. Take it from someone who has been there, done that, stomped it & kicked it in the mud. I want to encourage you & let you know I'm praying for you. The thing with kicking it is you truly TRULY have to want to quit. I'm not saying you don't want to but when that desire becomes so strong that you'll do anything to make it happen, that's when you'll be done. Praying for you girl. 

Hi Kerri, I can only imagine the struggle’s you are facing, but I know how hard it can be. Know that God loves you and does not want you to perish (2Peter3:9). Never give up! You are not a failure, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. Please try again and get the help you need, but with Jesus as your foundation to build on. I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, surrendered my life completely to God, and that’s when things started to change for me. I have fallen many times, but continue to dust myself off and will continue to do so, as many times as it takes.

In the name of Jesus Christ, I curse to the root the drugs taking hold of your life, I bind them and command these lying devils to GO!! I command them, in Jesus name, to go to the dry places, not return and to bow their knee’s to our Lord Jesus Christ!! I speak life and healing into your body, in the name of Jesus, because “with His stripes we are healed.” (Isaiah53:5). You can pray something similar over yourself every day, every hour. If you have the means, please download Curry Blake’s (JGLM) New Man, to know who you are in Christ and the Authority we have in Him. I listen to it constantly throughout the day, it really helps.

Dave

Going to church isn't the answer. God is. Praying and having others pray, reading Scripture on issues of defiling the body and not getting drunk (lose control). Support from church members also helps. It's not immediate and takes time. It doesn't mean stop trying but give it to God to heal you from it by following steps in the Bible.

Is anyone sick among you? Bring them to the elders to lay hands on them and pray for them.

Be transformed by the renewal of your mind.

Do not lose heart. We are being renewed day by day.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service