All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

My thoughts and  reflections:

Well, God has screwed me over for the last time. I'm pleased to say that I don't care. I don't care because frankly, I don't believe and if a molecule of my existence did believe, I now hate the concept of God. So, it's been a nice 9 or 10 months that I have been on this site, but I now have the answers I seek. So, peace out people.

Views: 6765

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kayla, for what it's worth, i understand the sentiment. And actually, it's quite possible that it's a good one - if you are really "done" with everything false.

I have felt this way at times in my past. What continued to grab my attention was Jesus. You see, I "tried" Jesus. But that doesn't satisfy. It's when we come to an end of ourselves and really "trust" Jesus that things change. At a point when some of Jesus dearest friends felt defeated he spoke the most powerful words I know: " Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;" (John 11:25)

For me, the question became what is "believing" and what is "living". 

You see, we are the ones who have the world mixed up and messed up. Our corrupt and fleshly minds say "I will believe it when I see it." But Jesus says "you will see it when you believe it."

There is a resurrection of all humanity coming. But there is also a resurrection of Spirit, a "foretaste of the divine" that we get here and now when we place our trust in Jesus. I knew that I needed more than a trivial religious experience and I knew that Jesus was calling me to have something more. The whole issue came down to trust. 

Jesus condemns all falsehood. And frankly, I think that's one of the things that has intrigued you about Jesus - from what I have read in your comments. Falsehood is the realm of the Thief, the enemy of our souls. Jesus contrasts himself with the Thief:  "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." (John 101:10). But, you see in order to have that abundant life, we can't play falsely with Jesus. We have to take him at his word and we have to embrace the whole truth, even when we don't understand it. 

I can tell you Kayla, 24 years later, i'm not in this Christian life because I play with falsehood. I hang with Jesus because I HATE falsehood. It's not a game, although some treat it that way. This Christian life, this following of Jesus, is the real thing. Talk to Jesus. Ask him. If you are sincerely "done" that's right where he wants you to be. That's where the reality can begin. 

Blessings to you Kayla

~Scribe

Thank you Kayla for confirming to me how precious my faith is to me, and how fortunate I am to have received His grace to call me by His Name.  I am reminded of the popular scripture, "Whosoever believes in Him will not perish".  I lament for those who WILL PERISH, but I rejoice that I do not doubt the Living God.  The choice is a clear one.  I pray that you one day change your mind while you still have breath and a chance for Salvation.  But I am certainly not going to try to force you.  Neither will God.

No, he want because he said (Jesus)Whosoever will let him Com, God does not care what you have done stole, lied, murdered, whatever he already paid the price, but when you coming be sincere repenting sinner in the Name Of Jesus. 

Kayla, it sounds like you know a fair amount of scripture, so your decision to separate from God is not an un-informed one....as to the consequence.   It sounds to me that you have a lack of patience, expecting overnight miracles in your life, and if God does not immediately meet your needs you will turn away.  But here's a few simple questions:  1. Where will you turn for your needs? 2. If not God, what is your next best option?  3.  If you have decided to turn from God...why are you telling this to Christians?  Would it not be better suited to tell this to your new support group who shares your lack of faith in God?

I do not want to sound harsh....but 'there's the door'....God will always welcome you back in the same door.  Good luck.

The Parable of the Lost Son (daughter)
 11 Jesus continued: “There was a man who had two sons. 12 The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.

13 “Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. 14 After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. 16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.

17 “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’ 20 So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21 “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.

GLORY!

Good word Michelle.

Love you sis.

Amen Michelle..  your faith and trust in God is a beautiful sight to behold..

Hello Kayla,

There are many times when I have had doubts about God - His existence and His love but I realize that these are prominent when I am in a negative emotional stage/phase in my life. What has helped me is to hold onto facts ie Scriptures. I still waver emotionally, psychologically and spiritually but the truths of the Bible are constant and eternal and I believe in them. 

I would urge to study (re-study?) the book of Job - I cannot truly imagine whether I would react/act so righteously under those circumstances as he did; consider Job 2: 9-10 

God loves us - He sent His son (a blameless, sinless and pure man) to die for our sins ...... who has greater love than God?

In Christ,

Desmond

The journey to God is for many of us a long, contorted one; often I have felt like a ping pong ball and have grown angry, but even more, so very, very tired.  Don't give up, because if you do, you not only give up on yourself, but life itself.

I just wanted to make a simple expression from observation of your statement. You kept using the word something in place of someone. You were, I am assuming, despising the Being, who has communicated to you His love expressed both historically and in your present life by Spirit and preached by Word concerning the actions of Jesus Christ, because you feel He is not now fulfilling His obligations according to your understanding.

Faith works by Love. No grace is given beyond a certain point without loving Him. Lack of faith will not allow it. Covenant.

The test of your love and faith must occur. You are alive and a moral communicating being. Clearly God has informed you be example in Genesis 3 concerning the living entity who opposes God and you. So, you are permitting him to succeed. The carnal man is in rule. You are now choosing to be Lord.

Your peace in inward in your spirit man when you understand and believe in the Love of God for you. Your soul is turning, emotionally, because of the senses of your body and experiences of the soul. Then the rational of the intellect changes as well. Love decreases. Faith decreases. Satan has begun to succeed in convincing you through experience that God does not really love you.

Now you have a choice.

God is not leaving you. You are leaving Him.

Even if all God did was done on the Cross, it would be almost sufficient. But...

God said that He gave His Spirit to help. Thus, you need to pursue the Lord about His Spirit. Not religion. It is not outward peace in life experiences that God promises now. He promises now the Holy Spirit.

It is a peace that passes understanding.

A loving relationship is not one of control, power, things or slavery, it is one of agreement, communication, trust, respect, etc... along those lines.

In thinking and feeling and expression and action, I have, unfortunately, been where you are in this statement.

I would be glad to hear your reply.

Yours in Christ.

Just an additional thought. God did say in spite of what we have done before we did it, and after we have done it, He loves us to die for us. It is reciprocal. God has loved you regardless of your performance. What do you think?

Excellent word BAA2. And a word that needs to be spoken that answers many people's questions about rebellion. We have all experienced a rebellion of sorts somewhere in our walk with the Lord. And we find out we're wrong. Then we try to make it right but we have in our mind that the effort isn't worthy. There is much garbage we need to rid ourselves of and replace it with the knowledge that God is faithful and just and forgiving.

Blessings to you in this New Year.....

Rita

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service