All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I'll be honest, I'm not buying your universalism kind of salvation JB.  I've hesitated and held myself back, but for the love of God, I cannot be silent.  This easy believism is just what America has going on....I feel like I'm going to a Joel Olsteen Church or something.  There is no real regard for God and His Word or commands or the walk He's asked us to walk.  I'm tired of milquetoast christianity, very tired of it, while people all over the world are literally dying for their faith....I wonder....how many of us would still be Christians if we might be dying for it?  I'll probably get thrown off of here for saying all these things, but I'm just sick to death of the PC talk, i.e. it's legalism to follow the LORD's commands, or believe He is the LORD of my life.  You can't separate the two....you make Jesus your Savior and your LORD or He is neither.  

I'm sorry, but I'm just so saddened at our culture and the dumbdowned atmosphere, even of professing Christians who really aren't....I meet them every single day and it's like saying I'm a yoga teacher who does devout new age meditation.  It crushes my heart every day and the deliberate disgusting comments about our Lord and Savior...So sorry, maybe I'm just in a bad frame of mind...or not.  

I will follow the LORD, even at the insistance that what I'm doing is not of our culture.  

Views: 414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

mohsenmousavi  what did I say that upsets you so? You should have at least made a reference to the post that you are so concerned about. Before I write more I will wait for your reply.

I thought mohsenmousavi (mohsen)was harsh. I agree, mohsen should be more specific. What mohsen has said applies to the whole Christian body. JB, I felt like mohsen put it all on your shoulders.

Mohsen, let us pray that we never know what it's like to die for our faith. For myself personally, my faith hasn't cost me anything. Not yet anyway. In the U.S., we can worship God as we choose to. I'm very thankful to God for the freedom we enjoy.

My faith is not milquetoast. I can't imagine life without my Lord Jesus. We have the faith of Jesus Christ, and it's unto all and upon all them that believe.

“…the righteousness of God… by [the] faith of Jesus Christ, unto all and upon all them that believe” (Rom. 3:22)

To encourage others' faith, I thought it would bless you to hear what God has done for my family and give a testimony. Last May Gary (my husband) collapsed on the floor. He couldn't get up. We called an ambulance. He had a bad infection. When he got better, he was taken to a rehab center. The staff found him on the floor during the night and sent him back to the hospital. He had a bad infection, sepsis, and pneumonia. He got better and the hospital sent Gary back to rehab. Then he was having chest pain. As it turned out, he had blood clots in his lungs and leg. He was in the hospital for a few days, but then Gary was moved to intensive care. The doctor said Gary might not make it and that I should call family. Gary had an ulcer in his upper intestine about 3-1/2" long and his kidneys shut down. His stomach was full of blood. To be honest, I was traumatized by what I saw. I had never seen Gary bleed so much. Gary had told me to have them keep him alive. I came back that evening and to my dismay, somehow the staff had talked him out of it. I could see he didn't know what they were talking about. I was concerned he had had a stroke, but they say not. Gary didn't know what year he was born and the year we were married. He said 1975. He didn't know where he was at. Gary looked confused. Praise God, the doctors turned to me to make his life decisions. The staff had given up on Gary and almost let him die. He had signed the papers to not resuscitate and no use of unusual means. As soon as I had to make decisions for him, I took over, and I chose life. The staff inserted a tube for breathing. Gary had surgery to repair the ulcer, and he received dialysis. That night, I stayed in the family lounge. A Christian family was there praying for their family member too. I could feel their prayers. We took over the family lounge. They had all these sleeping bags and pillows. The staff thought Gary would have to have dialysis for a very long time like the rest of his life. However, 4 days later they took him off dialysis and no kidney damage. The surgery took care of the ulcer. Gary doesn't remember a lot of it. I almost lost Gary, but he's alive and coming home soon. 

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)

Sure, we have more steps to accomplish. That doesn't make any of these miracles any less a miracle. Every miracle and every healing is a gift. The Bible says forget not all His benefits. He knows we can't remember every single blessing He's given us, but remember as much as you can and be thankful. I believe God saved Gary's life because Gary still has more to do for God. God's not done yet. I'm very thankful for the Christian family in the lounge. Their family member recovered too.

I don't know what it is you want, Mohsen. There's a lot of good Christians here. I hope you will backtrack a little bit and reconsider what you've said.

God bless you,

Mary

19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. James 1:19-20 NIV

We are here to share, learn and engage each other as Christ followers. We are but dust. God knows our strengths and our weaknesses. Remain in him as he remains in us.

Your Brother in Christ,

journeyman

I honestly do not know this person, but this resonates with a reminder that this person who posted this.....did not post this.  This is my writing in a response......I'm not quite sure who this person is???  My regrets to JB, I understand your confusion, this is a troll or someone that is not concerned, but only trying to bring confusion and dissent.    I haven't been on here for ages, but just happened to come along today and the language is mine for sure.  Ignore this person, please.  

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service