All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

How to explain this? Whats the meaning of love and is it the same of being Good? Or above of it? Whats the most important of all?

The Way of Love

13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have aprophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, bso as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. cIf I give away all I have, and dif I deliver up my body to be burned,1 but have not love, I gain nothing.

eLove is patient and fkind; love gdoes not envy or boast; it his not arrogant or rude. It idoes not insist on its own way; it jis not irritable or resentful;2 it kdoes not rejoice at wrongdoing, but lrejoices with the truth. mLove bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, eendures all things.

Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For nwe know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but owhen the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For pnow we see in a mirror dimly, but qthen face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as rI have been fully known.

13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I think theres is always love in our world by ourselves or by another, as i said being the top value is being Good but now i remember about LOVE is it the same or the other is above?

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Rusty, This was posted on Feb. 4th, in response to Carla's post. It is how God's kind of Love is. I make it an affirmation, because we are the temple of God, and His Spirit lives in us, therefore this is how we as new creations should live.

So here's how Agape Love responds.

This is from the Amp. bible. 1 Cor.13.

GOD IS LOVE

Because I walk in Love and Love lives in me,

#1. I endure long

#2. I am Patient and kind

#3. I’m never envious, no do I boil over with jealousy

#4. I never boastful or vainglorious

#5. I never display myself haughtily

#6. I am not conceited, arrogant, or inflated with pride

#7. I am never Rude, (unmannerly)

#8. I do not act unbecomingly

#9. I never insist on my own rights, or my own ways

#10. I am not self-seeking

#11. I am not touchy, fretful, or resentful

#12. I take no account of an evil done to me

#13. I pay no attention to a suffered wrong

#14. I do not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness

#15. I do rejoice when right and truth prevail

#16. I bear up under anything and everything that comes

#17. I am ever ready to believe the best of everyone

#18. My hopes are fadeless under all circumstances

#19. I endure everything without weakening

#20. The love in me never fails, never fades out, becomes obsolete , or comes to an end.

JB

Blessings JB

Thank you very much JB i read it already

I'm not sure what your definition of 'good' is or exactly what you're asking? Romans 3:10-12 says “None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does goodnot even one.”

If you're speaking about good deeds, they cannot be done without a loving & caring heart. There is the world's love & God's love. The word says the greatest thing is to love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, and mind. That is the first and greatest commandment. The second is to love your neighbor as yourself.

Follow up: You can do some of the greatest deeds ever known to man.  You can give millions to orphanages, build homes for the homeless, serve meals to the hungry, provide shoes for the tired, beds for the weary. However, nothing you do in this life matters one iota if it's not done in the Name Of Christ. Those things only give temporary comfort but tomorrow, they will be hungry again, they will be tired again & there will always be the homeless. However, the eternal gift of Christ gains them all. 

Yes, tammy thank you i am talking about Karma being Good or Loving others what you think does it bring good effects or it is not true that it doesnt happen. Because i think its the justice we seek everytime its not hold upon ourselves and were not the one implementing it, what do you think do you believe in it the word KARMA, that there is always a cause and effect in our actions in the results of what everything we had done? Me i believe how about you can you discuss it? Thanks

When I hear the word Karma, I always think of some mystical religion or some New Age belief. In theory, Karma is for real as far as there are consequences to your actions. Some call it Karma. I call it life. If I smoke, I get cancer. If I break the law, I go to jail. That's Karma. However, as a Christian, I believe that God can change any course of action regardless of my choices. He is my Karma in a nutshell. No, I don't believe because a person does good deeds it brings about great results. I do believe if you do the will of the Father, it will bring about His outcome whatever that may be. There are so many stories where people tried doing good which led to death. I've read about people trying to help someone & got shot or killed. About 3 months ago, a young missionary went to a remote island who had never heard about Christ. Needless to say, they still haven't heard about Him because they killed the young man. Jim Elliott, one of the greatest missionaries in our time went to a tribe to witness to them. They killed him. Years later, his wife did return to those same people & shared Christ & many turned their lives towards Him. However, it didn't end up well for Jim.

The word karma comes from Hinduism. Hindu's believe that karma is how they move up and/or down the ladder towards Nirvana. Nirvana is the ultimate goal for all Hindus. Nirvana to the Hindu is akin to Heaven for the Christian. However, nirvana is not Heaven, it is the opposite, as Hinduism is a pagan religion. Hinduism has 33 million gods, which is polytheism. Hinduism also has a caste system. There are 3,000 castes, with the Dalits also known as untouchables are the lowest in the caste system. When a person is born into a country or religion where a caste system exists they are not able to move up or down within the castes. This is especially horrible for the Dalits, because of being seen as the worst about all society in Hinduism. The Dalits are the ones who clean the streets of trash and human waste. They are only permitted to come out at night because of their status. Dalits are also kidnapped and into slavery as well as human-trafficking.

As Christians we have hope to share with the Dalits and all peoples. I don't know about anyone here, but I sure know for myself, I am so grateful that as a child of God, I only have One God, not the 33 million gods of Hinduism. 

Hi shelly what do you think if God is the 1 or the first then He created other beings like us, which is God another lower God compared to Himself which can be rank 2nd 3rd 4th and so on, i just thinking the possibilities the first i was certain to myself that there is One true God , One and Only

Hi Rusty,

Karma is not a biblical concept.  Additionally, there are many problems with it.

Karma is based on the belief of reincarnation.  The idea (I'm sure you know) is that if you live a 'good' life now you will be rewarded with a pleasant life in your next life.  To anyone who believes this I ask them the following questions:

1)  How do you know when your 'good' works out-weight your 'bad' works.  You can't know how your actions effect other people -- like a trickle down effect...let alone other generations.  You may think your work is good, but it hurts someone that you can't see.

2)  Sometimes young children are abused and neglected in many ways, babies are aborted, people have severe disabilities....have they all lived bad lives in a previous life?  Do they deserve the troubles or early death?  It's not for us to say.  We don't know the whole story.  How have the choices of other people affected them?  Are there consequences for the bad choices?

3) How do you respond to a situation where a person lives a 'good' life by our standards, but is then sick.  They get cancer, heart problems, are hurt in a car accident...  etc..  endless possibilities of bad things can happen to what we call 'good' people.  

Here's an article from gotquestions.org  

Question: "What does the Bible say about karma?"

Answer: 
Karma is a theological concept found in the Buddhist and Hindu religions. It is the idea that how you live your life will determine the quality of life you will have after reincarnation. If you are unselfish, kind, and holy during this lifetime, you will be rewarded by being reincarnated (reborn into a new earthly body) into a pleasant life. However, if you live a life of selfishness and evil, you will be reincarnated into a less-than-pleasant lifestyle. In other words, you reap in the next life what you sow in this one. Karma is based on the theological belief in reincarnation. The Bible rejects the idea of reincarnation; therefore, it does not support the idea of karma.

Hebrews 9:27 states, “Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment…” This Bible verse makes clear two important points which, for Christians, negate the possibility of reincarnation and karma. First, it states that we are “destined to die once,” meaning that humans are only born once and only die once. There is no endless cycle of life and death and rebirth, an idea inherent in the reincarnation theory. Second, it states that after death we face judgment, meaning that there is no second chance, like there is in reincarnation and karma, to live a better life. You get one shot at life and living it according to God’s plan, and that is it.

The Bible talks a lot about reaping and sowing. Job 4:8 says, “As I have observed, those who plow evil and those who sow trouble reap it.” Psalm 126:5 says, “Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.” Luke 12:24 says, “Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!” In each of these instances, as well as all the other references to reaping and sowing, the act of receiving the rewards of your actions takes place in this life, not in some future life. It is a present-day activity, and the references make it clear that the fruit you reap will be commensurate with the actions you have performed. In addition, the sowing you perform in this life will affect your reward or punishment in the afterlife.

This afterlife is not a rebirth or a reincarnation into another body here on earth. It is either eternal suffering in hell (Matthew 25:46) or eternal life in heaven with Jesus, who died so that we might live eternally with Him. This should be the focus of our life on earth. The apostle Paul wrote in Galatians 6:8-9, “The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”

Finally, we must always remember that it was Jesus whose death on the cross resulted in the reaping of eternal life for us, and that it is faith in Jesus that gives us this eternal life. Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.” Therefore, we see that the concept of reincarnation and karma is incompatible with what the Bible teaches about life, death, and the sowing and reaping of eternal life.

Yes i agree carla we dont see the Whole picture of the person being JUDGE we see him as good and others are not then He suffers either Good or Bad and its out of our own Judgement because we dont know really who is that PERSON all in his life, i hope carla you will also comment in my latest discussion 2 of them recently

"God Is Love." Agape [ajgavph], the love theme of the Bible, can only be defined by the nature of God. John affirms that "God is love" ( 1 John 4:8 ). God does not merely love; HE is love. Everything that God does flows from his love.

So, to answer your question Rusty, "I think there is always love in our world by ourselves or by another, as i said being the top value is being Good but now i remember about LOVE is it the same or the other is above?" and "Whats the meaning of love and is it the same of being Good? Or above it? Whats the most important of all?

First of all, there are different kinds of love.

1) Friendship love-- quite simply, it's an affection between friends.  Not romantic.

2) Romantic love-- This type of love exists in marriage.  Romantic love.  This is not to be mistaken for lust.  Lust is different.

3) Parental love-- Parent to child

4) Agape Love--  God's love.  It's perfect.  You've already quoted the scripture.  God loves us perfectly, not because He has to impose it on Himself or even choose it for that matter.  God loves us this way because it is the complete and total essence of His Being..  It is who HE is.  He cannot deny Himself.

Some people could even argue that there are other types of love.. self-love, obsessive love... etc.. but I don't think those types of love are biblical.  It's my experience that self-love usually comes pretty easy for people, the difficulty comes with selfless love (putting other people first).

If you're looking for a human definition of 'love' and 'good' then both things fail and fall short.  Without God, none of us are 'good', and we don't know how to 'love'.  Only the One true God knows about those things, and He has come to us in the flesh (Jesus Christ) to tell us and show us what it means to 'love' and be 'good'.

1 Corinthians 13:8 says 'Love never ends' in the version you posted.  Other versions say 'Love never fails'.  The only LOVE that never fails is God's Love (Agape-Perfect Love).  All other types of love fail all the time.  God's Love endures forever.

God's love is above all else.  It has top value.  Only God is Good.

Blessings, Carla

Sorry Carla im back and i only see it now,, that great what you have posted im hoping you would also make a feedback about the other two discussion i had posted now

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2019   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service