All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

How do you think God disciplines us?  

As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Who ever heard of a child who is never disciplined by its father?  If God doesn’t discipline you as he does all of his children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really his children at all. Since we respected our earthly fathers who disciplined us, shouldn’t we submit even more to the discipline of the Father of our spirits, and live forever?  10 For our earthly fathers disciplined us for a few years, doing the best they knew how. But God’s discipline is always good for us, so that we might share in his holiness. 11 No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way. 12 So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees. 13 Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong. Heb 12 7-12

Views: 1054

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good point Carla 

Well JB to Carla's point it would be so more fruit is produced.
26 Jesus responded, “It is the one to whom I give the bread I dip in the bowl.” And when he had dipped it, he gave it to Judas, son of Simon Iscariot. 27 When Judas had eaten the bread, Satan entered into him. Then Jesus told him, “Hurry and do what you’re going to do.” John 13:26-27 Was the death and all that came with it, satan's plan or God's? We see how Jesus faced all He went through. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne. Heb 12:2 Jesus did not focus on all the negative, horrible trails He faced. No, He thought about you coming to Him, about me accepting Him, He thought of all the benefits not the pain or shame of His death. 35 So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! 36 Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. Heb 10:35-36 God is either the Alpha and Omega all things begin and end with Him.
JB which is more important the ways things happen, or the results? I personally do not focus that much on the enemy. I do not consider it much more then a tool. Does God tempt? NO He does not. Why are we tempted? Our own weakness, we bring temptation on ourselves. Do you think God and the enemy are equal? Do you see our life as a game between the two of them?
God knows how to achieve the best fruit from us, and He knows the most effective method in doing so. If, we but yield to Him from the beginning, we save ourselves time and energy. Sadly, it takes a few times for me to yield completely. Am I getting better over time and with age? To His Glory I am. Can or should I take credit when I achieve goals in my walk with Him, or should I give Him the credit? Since I need Him for everything that I go through, I give Him the credit. If, the enemy tempts me and I deny the temptation, does it get the credit, do I get the credit, or does all the credit go to God? Why? If, God had nothing to do with any part of it, why should He get any credit? Paul thorn, we know that was to keep him humble. Should the imp that was the thorn get any credit? It was apart of the growth of Paul. Yet, Paul understood it was his pride that brought all of it on. If, I had seen what he saw, heard what he heard, I could see myself feeling pretty good about myself. Yet, we know humility is far better than pride. Yet, how do we arrive to that place of humility? More times than not, we were prideful first. I hope I answered some of your questions.
Lord Bless you my Brother
Chris
I reprinted this because I do not have a toolbar in discussions, for some reason.

Well JB to Carla's point it would be so more fruit is produced. Which is a very good thing indeed.
26 Jesus responded, “It is the one to whom I give the bread I dip in the bowl.” And when he had dipped it, he gave it to Judas, son of Simon Iscariot. 27 When Judas had eaten the bread, Satan entered into him. Then Jesus told him, “Hurry and do what you’re going to do.” John 13:26-27
14 Then one of the Twelve—the one called Judas Iscariot—went to the chief priests 15 and asked, “What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?” So they counted out for him thirty silver coins. 16 From then on Judas watched for an opportunity to hand him over
Matt 26:14-16 From just these two verses, satan inspired Judas to betray Jesus. Thus orchestrated the entire events that Jesus would go through. Was the death and all that came with it, the crucifixion to die in humiliation, were these satans plan? To die as He carried our sins, He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God. Rom 4:25 We know this is all God’s Plan Jesus gave his life for our sins, just as God our Father planned, in order to rescue us from this evil world in which we live. Gal 1:4

We see how Jesus faced all He went through. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the Joy awaiting Him, He endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now He is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne. Heb 12:2 Jesus did not focus on all the negative, horrible trials He faced. No, He thought about you coming to Him, about me accepting Him, He thought of all of are chosen, all who would live with Him. He focused on the benefits not the pain or shame of His death. 35 So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! 36 Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that He has promised. Heb 10:35-36

God is either the Alpha and Omega all things begin and end with Him. JB which is more important the ways things happen, or the results? I personally do not focus that much on the enemy. I do not consider it much more than a tool. Does God tempt? NO He does not. Why are we tempted? Our own weakness, we bring temptation on ourselves. Do you think God and the enemy are equal? Do you see our life as a game between the two of them? I ask because some do.

“So when a person comes under an attack of any kind, a person wouldn’t know if he should rebuke the spirit of infirmity brought on by the enemy or take an aspirin for a common head-ach, and if I took the aspirin for a head-ach, and it happened to be a disciplinary action from God, then wouldn’t I be in direct opposition to the will of God for me? This would be true concerning any adverse situation we may find ourselves in, whether it be a sickness or a storm like Sandy or a Katrina.” Instead of, concerning myself with, rebuking spirits, God’s Discipline, or the rest of all of this. I pray that God, the source of Hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident Hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. Rom 15:13 So no matter what I face my Hope and Trust must be in Him. As I have said many times, “I am a work in progress.” If I have a headache I do whatever I can do to get rid of it.

God knows how to achieve the best fruit from us, and He knows the most effective method in doing
so. If, we but yield to Him from the beginning, we save ourselves time and energy. Sadly, it takes a few times for me to yield completely. Am I getting better over time and with age? To His Glory I am. Can or should I take credit when I achieve goals in my walk with Him, or should I give Him the credit? Since I need Him for everything that I go through, I give Him the credit. If, the enemy tempts me and I deny the temptation, does it get the credit, do I get the credit, or does all the credit go to God? Why?

If, God had nothing to do with any part of it, why should He get any credit? Paul thorn, we know that was to keep him humble. Should the imp that was the thorn get any credit? It was apart of the growth of Paul. Yet, Paul understood it was his pride that brought all of it on. If, I had seen what he saw, heard what he heard, I could see myself feeling pretty good about myself. Yet, we know humility is far better than pride. Yet, how do we arrive to that place of humility? More times than not, we were prideful first. I hope I answered some of your questions.
Lord Bless you my Brother
Chris

Hi Chris

I joined this website just to replay to you, I am an independent minister in the Philippines who loves you with all my heart and soul, please tell me  have you been totally set-free from that sin or bondage of homosexuality are you now able to live without backsliding or falling into temptation from time too time?

Christ has set me free from a life of pure hell back in 1992/God is real and so is the anointing that breaks every yoke. 

May God truly hold you in all you do

Shalom/Johnny

Pastor Johnny,

We do not allow the giving out of personal contact info on TheNET per our membership agreement. Your response has been edited. If two people want to share info via TheNET email that is outside of our control.

John, 

Chris didn't say he fell into homosexuality as far as I remember of reading the post. It is Mischelle who said "she" did. I would also like to say that Mischelle handles her sins like any of us would. She trusts in the Lord & He keeps her sustained. There is no temptation taken her but such as is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let her be tempted beyond what she can bear. But when she's tempted, He will also provide a way out so that she can endure it. I'm thankful that He has restored you as well brother. Sorry for answering for her. Right now she is so busy, I wasn't sure she would see the post. Her reply was also a long time ago & thought, again, she may not pick up on it. I hope this helps answer your question. And Mischelle, if you do see it, sorry for answering for you even though I know you won't mind. Johnny, even though this is the only reason you joined, welcome to AAG. It's always a pleasure meeting new folks.

Chris,

One of the ways God disciplines us is with the laws that He has written on our hearts.  Our conscience knows the right way to go. If we offend God and others, our conscience makes us aware of the errors we have made. He draws forth our repentance by allowing us to remember how we should act compared to how we do act. If I do something wrong, and don't allow my conscience to discipline me for the wrong I have done, I feel further remorse for not correcting my error. It may be that no other person knows of what I did wrong.....but I know it. and God knows it. Eventually, I will pay attention to my conscience. If I deliberately try to hid my error (sin), God sees to it that it comes to the fore...that is to say that others find out about it. Many times, others never know where we fail. God handles it in house....between me and Him. God will make us humble when we don't know humility. It could be through the action or Words of another.

Many times, knowing the reality or guilt of something we do wrong is enough, if we take steps to correct it. At other times, if there is a law of God that we continue to ignore, God will show us the consequence of our error, and usually that knowledge never wears off. The punishment never abates. Or it seems like forever.

I believe, as Christians, that we are much more aware of our wrongs against God than the person who doesn't know God. That person is aware that he errs but he isn't so likely to admit it or try to correct it. He simply thinks that he has gotten away with something. God doesn't turn a blind eye on sin. But...many nonbelievers think that He  is of no consequence because they have received no discipline. Their discipline awaits them down the road.

Blessings.....

Rita 

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service