All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

A

1 Corinthians 13 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Way of Love

13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[a]but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[b] it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

It is clear that all above sayings is the thought of God and its God's Love and define what is love on all of us why? and how? i can explain it as this is only from my own understanding of the scripture. The Bible is Old and becoming New and written by Humans and if only we became instrument by God to write it , it is clear to me what prosper in our Time today

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal"

First even you speak or say marvelous, great or beautiful words but its not from a feeling of love and not sincerely from your heart its useless to say or speak it from the eyes of GOD.

Like this your beautiful, its good to be with you, i love you, im concern about you.... but if its not from the heart and not the cause of love its useless

And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing

Second the word prophetic powers can only bestow by God, to see the future and understand all mysteries and knowledge which means omniscient a new word which means to know all. Only God has the idea of prophetic powers and knowing all things. And also He included the faith which is important but its less than love. Its is said  “ I am nothing” its means of no importance or useless

If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[a]but have not love, I gain nothing

Third even if you give anything you have included yourself and its not out of love or not really a feeling of LOVE… It is said I gain nothing, the opposite of it you might gain out of love , I think if  you really give and sacrifice yourself without waiting anything for return you will be awarded Out of Love.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful

Fourth it and 5th  defines the qualities of a person LOVING and what is love, you can search for the exact meaning of each word because im not an English person and I cannot comprehend completely, you can look in the dictionary or any resources you may find. It really defines what is LOVE

it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.

Sixth this is complicated because which is wrong and not , right or wrong how can you know that your decision every time is the correct answer… only God can judge us. It says it rejoices with the truth, the truth you might be known is the false one but it exempt your innocence or with a clean heart included the right or wrong.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

7th it’s the same as the as what I said before it defines also the LOVE you can study it for your own understanding.

Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love

8th up to the last the prophecies the tongues and the knowledge will be gone if you make the LOVE described above or do not love.

The following passages of verses is not clear to me fully and I cannot known if it’s a HUMAN that “I am” which author the 1 Corinthian Chapter13 or that its God’s that talking in a way that it is written by Human who created the scriptures

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Rusty, I’ve always loved 1Cor.13, I always make most of the scriptures as an affirmation. It’s what God says about me, therefore I can say it about myself. I like your definitions of each verse, we all may have a little different interpretation of them, but this is what you see and that is fine. When we look at LOVE “CHARITY in KJV.” It is agape Love, God’s kind of Love, which is different than love as we know it. God is Love, 1 John 4:7-21 (KJV)
7  Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8  He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9  In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10  Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11  Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12  No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13  Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14  And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
15  Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
16  And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17  Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
19  We love him, because he first loved us.
20  If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21  And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Now that God is Love, and if we are born again, than we are to walk in Love. So here’s the attributes of God’s kind of Love.

GOD IS LOVE

Because I walk in Love and Love lives in me,

1. I endure long
  2. I am patient and kind
  3. I’m never envious, nor do I boil over with jealousy
  4. I’m never boastful, or vainglorious
  5. I never display myself haughtily
  6. I’m not conceited, arrogant or inflated with pride
  7. I’m never rude or unmannerly
  8. I never act unbecomingly
  9. I never insist on my own rights or my own ways
  10. I’m not self-seeking
  11. I’m never touchy, fretful, or resentful
  12. I take no account of an evil done to me
  13. I pay no attention to a suffered wrong
  14. I do not rejoice at injustice, or unrighteousness
  15. I do rejoice when right and truth prevail
  16. I bear-up under anything and everything that comes
  17. I’m ever ready to believe the best of everyone
  18. My hopes are fadeless under all circumstances
  19. I endure everything without weakening
  20. For the Love in me never fails, never fades out becomes obsolete, or comes to an end.

Hi sir JB thank you for adding the description about LOVE , thats all

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2019   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service