All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

God says respect your parents so your days on earth can be added. He also says that we should fear Him and Him alone. The word says when you are ready to take the cross and follow Jesus, you must be ready to love Him so much that you hate your friends, family and even yourself. The son of man said "i am not here to make peace but i have come to cuase division". How does one choose between parents and God? What do you do if God leads you that way and parents the opposite way while He says respect them?

Views: 2536

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Zee,

Luke 10:27 tells how much Jesus emphesizes on love by telling us to love God with all of our heart, all our mind and all our strength and to love our neighbor as we love ourselves. Who is our neighbor? everyone that is right there before our eyes and that includes our parents.

Follow Christ and follow His love for people and trust in His love for you and you will never be confused or wonder what to do. 1 John 4:18 there is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 

I pray this helped and encouraged you

Blessing

Theresa

Hello Theresa

My parents want to choose a church for me. They have made me stop going to the church of my choice which i believe will make me grow spiritually. I respected them and stopped but then realised that this was not doing me any good. I decided to go back and now i am the family's enemy number one. I fear God which is why i went bact to church but now i have stopped. What i wonder now is if God is happy that i am respecting my family or not because i am not worshipping Him in the house of GOd.

Thank you sister for the love

Dear Zee

God loves you unconditionnaly my sister. I believe God is seeing and honoring your attitude. I pray You have victory in this battle, I pray God's name be glorified in your life and you will say your latter days are better than your past. May you see the goodness and kindness of God daily and may you find a loving church that honors and love Christ and you.

I love you

Theresa

Thank you for keeping me in your prayers. God bless you

Zee,

Follow Christ, but do it in love. I always have cared about the church my children attend because I want to know what they are being taught. My youngest is 40 and I still want to know what she is being taught. If we attend the same church, I do know. If I hear the preacher speak, and it is wrong, I tell them (my kids) that it is wrong. Perhaps you need to reassure your parents about what you are hearing. Not all preachers speak God's truth. At any rate, honor your parents so that they can be assured that you are learning truth in your church. Discuss what you are learning with them. They will appreciate you more if you do this.

Blessings,

Rita

Afterthought: If they aren't where they should be, you may be able to help them.

I thank you for that even though i doubt it will help because the issue at hand is their beliefs and those of the church. My parents are very traditional and believe things that i no longer do and things that are opposing the bible. This is the problem, the beliefs of the church against theirs.

Ask them if they believe what God says. If they say *yes* show them where the Bible speaks of what they believe that is wrong. Make sure you are right, though.

Ok thank you, i will try.

I guess i will be showing them respect by explaining to them that i am doing what Gods wantsl. Respecting does not mean being dictated. i just wish they could respet my decisions too.

Thank you sister

I guess they will have to eventually accept because i cannot just sit around and wait for when i do not live under their roof anymore. My God cannot wait for me i cannot make him wait. It's true waht you said that we mustn't put anyone before our God. He comes first, actually everything should be about to please Him.

God promise that if we believe in Him our household will also be save.

Now, that is promise with responsibility in our part. God will use you to be a channel of blessings for them.

Our lives will be the message of salvation that they will read. God will use you us a testimony of His power and grace.

Struggles and burden will be at your shoulder to carry. We must carry our own cross and follow Christ. So you must trust and obey God in every steps. Obeying God but not disrespecting your loveones. Pray always and never neglect to study Gods word.

You need intimate relationship with our creator to be victorious. Not allowing you to go to the  church you prefer musn't  be a hindrances in making you more closer and stronger in the true faith. Deeper knowledge in God makes us more gracious, merciful, understandable, and very able to do all things coz He strengthen us. To understand all circumstances because of the understanding and wisdom that comes only from Him. To love more coz he showed us the best example of loving.  Gods word is the answer GOD or parents.

I love God so much for making me firm. He strengthened me so i do not trumble when days like these come by. He removes all the confussion in mind because at first i did not know what to do. One day, I was troubled and i decided to read His word. He directed me to verses that changed everything. He says "A true disciple will be persecuted" He/She will suffer hardship and go through the roughest storms, but if they remain in Me and Me in them, they will get through. I couldn't believe my eyes. From then, i never doubted Him again and i knew that this is all temporal. Thank you for reminding me that nothing can break a strong relationship between me and my father in Heaven.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service