and now open my heart to you and ask you to come into my heart
as LORD of my life and to be my personal savior. Baptize me in your
Spirit.
AMEN

Views: 833

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's good to know LT

This is a very scary post.  It shows a total lack of understanding on Scripture.

Without public confession of our belief in Jesus, Jesus will not claim us before the Throne of the Father (Matt 10:32).

Without repentance (turning away from our life of sin to begin walking toward a life following God) our sins will not be wiped out (Acts 3:19).

Without baptism the old man does not die and the new man cannot arise, as Jesus arose from the dead (Rom 6:3-4).

ACTS 16:30-31 ( KJV )
30 And brought them out,and said, Sirs,
what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord
Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved,
and thy house.
Matthew 10:32 does not speak of public confession but goes along with 1 Peter 3:15 ...be ready always to give an answer to every man who asketh you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear. it is being asked if you believe then don't be afraid to admit it. You don't have to stand in the congregation, or even on the street corner, and loudly proclaim it.

Romans 6 speaks of being baptized but so does Matthew 3 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. Jesus told John to baptize Him to fulfill all righteousness. He came to fulfill the law. Baptism is not a requirement to salvation in any Scripture.

Baptism isn't just water. Baptism in the old Greek is to immerse. One can be immersed in the Spirit or water or something else.
The baptism in the Spirit is intended for all who profess faith in Christ, have been
born again, and have received the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. To be baptized in
the Spirit means to be filled with the Spirit ( compare Acts 1: 5 ; 2: 4 )

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service