All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I am craving for His presence. I surely am. But what's happening to me? I think my life is starting to be worse. I can't even read the bible for an hour. I want to hear his voice like the testimonies of others that they can hear God's voice. How?! I can't even read the bible and focus on it. Each time I try, I just couldn't understand everything. I know I should pray and all, but I am trying. From the deepest part of my heart I am craving for him!!! But what's happening to me? Brothers and sisters, I don't want my life to be sinful, please help me through prayers to lead me back to Faith. And to everyone whose suffering the same thing as  am facing. May God truly bless us all.

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jiezel,

It is a good sign that you are craving His presence and want to hear His voice.  The Holy Spirit is drawing you to the Father thru the Son.  The things you are experiencing are normal-- it's something that most (or every) Christian I have ever spoken to has gone through.

I haven't ever heard God's voice audibly.  I don't believe that's something to focus on, I think it's a pretty rare thing, although it does happen.  God has given us His Word.  He has given us His Son.  As we read His word, we hear His voice in our Spirit.  Our spirit quickens within us and we know what it means to have life... to be alive.  We know that His Word is alive and active, because HE is alive and active.  This is not a physical audible voice that we hear... It's in our spirit.

Hebrews 4:12 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

12 "For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

Be careful that you're not trying to move forward in your trials in your own strength.  God will never leave you or forsake you.  Read Romans chapter 6.  Sin's power is broken.  You are a new creation. (2 Cor 5:17).

In regards to your struggle in reading the bible, we have to fight against the desires of our flesh.  In our physical sin nature, we want to oppose God...  But remember what you just read in 2 Cor 5:16 and 17... "16 So from now on we regard no one according to the flesh. Although we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.  This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!"

Repent and ask God to help you, He will.  Don't worry that you can't understand everything.  Just try to understand one thing, and start from there.  I suggest you begin in the book of John.  Start with an easy to read translation like the NLT, and as you become more and more knowledgeable, you can move to a more technical translation like the NASB if you want to.  sometimes I use the NLT (easy reading and paraphrasing version) and the NASB (more of a direct translation to English) together, because the different words they use have the same meanings but it gives me added depth to understanding.  Trying to read for 1 hour may be too much for just starting.  Start with 10 minutes at a time maximum, and slowly increase as God gives you understanding.  Once you're done reading in John, move to the book of Colossians.

Here's the John 1

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+1&version=NLT

Here's Colossians 1

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians+1&versi...

Take your time reading thru these.  Really soak in the words reading only a few at a time.  For instance, John 1 begins with:

1 "In the beginning the Word already existed.
    The Word was with God,
    and the Word was God.
He existed in the beginning with God.
God created everything through him,
    and nothing was created except through him."

As you read this, what does it mean to you?  Does it move you in your spirit?  Who is the 'Word'? 

Bring your questions.

Love in Christ, Carla

That was very powerful! Thank you so much, I always appreciate you and your words, Ms. Carla. To God be the Glory! 

Praise God!  Amen.

Hi Jiezel,
Know that God loves you: Psalm 136:26 Give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever.
Know that He is immovable: “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.””
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭31:6‬ ‭NIV‬
I have found often times when I feel He was not hearing me, I can look back on the time and I realize that He was doing a marvelous work!

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service