All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Do you like to feel in control of your problems? Why or why not? What do we risk by fully turning our problems over to God? What could we gain? How do we fully turn them over? Is it possible?

Views: 325

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like to feel in control of my problems only if there are quick fixes, which have not happened in my life. Giving control to God over my life means that I must trust in His timing in answering my prayers and in solving my problems.

Don

Thanks for replying. It's hard for me to separate what are my own plans and solutions from just surrendering to God's will. I think at times that maybe God wants me to come up with a solution myself. But maybe God always wants to just work things out for us by Himself and wants us to just leave it all alone.
I feel we have to pray always and trust God
Jesus loves us, Gianni John Bilancia
My life has been a journey of learning to trust God.

There were times when I cried out to God for help and no matter how much I cried out it would seem God wasn't doing anything and wasn't helping me.

When it comes to people, it isn't easy for me to trust.

Too many negative experiences have happened in my life.

No one can be certainly trusted, not even those who have been mostly honest. I think they can probably be trusted, but I'm never certain simply because anyone can change. People can always change.

It's risky to trust.

It is a big risk to trust. I also had negative experiences in trusting others. 

Hi Amanda,

I like to feel in control of my problems, but I know that there are very few things I can actually control.  I'm learning that my responses to all that happens are the only thing I have control over.

I have this conversation with my boys...especially my younger one.

Using the analogy of sports... My son used to get upset when things didn't go his way in his sport during a game.  He's learning that the only thing he can control is his response to everything that does happen.  Umpire calls he doesn't agree with, errors by team mates, injuries, weather....etc...  He's learning that the only control he has is his response to these things, and it's wonderful because it's transferring to every day living.  If he tries to control the uncontrollable situations around him he just makes a mess of things, and relationships are harmed.  It never works.  But, when he controls his responses, it's always a positive outcome.  Lesson: The only thing we're ever in control of is our own response to all that happens.  When we respond poorly, repentance is the answer to get back on the right track.

What do we risk by fully turning our problems over to God?  Well, we just don't know what each moment will bring.  When there's been a lot of hurt in a person's life it can take time to be okay with the risk.  However, we do know God loves us, and that He is for us, not against us.

What do we gain?  Peace and Fellowship with God.  I think we really can begin to enjoy Him.

How do we fully turn them over?  To me, turning over our problems to Him is the same as abiding in Him.  We abide when we talk to Him and let Him know we need Him.  Also, a few scriptures to keep in mind: 

Philippians 4:8New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is [a]lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, [b]dwell on these things.

Psalm 1:1-3New American Standard Bible (NASB)

How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
Nor stand in the [a]path of sinners,
Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
He will be like a tree firmly planted by [b]streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season
And its [c]leaf does not wither;
And [d]in whatever he does, he prospers.

We will begin to bear fruit as outlined in Galatians 5.

Is it possible?  Yes, but not in our own strength.

Carla

Yes but it is possible my friend

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service