All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

My mother who has served the Lord for most of her life, is suffering from this evil disease, and it is is taking its toll on the family.

How on earth do you think God in heaven can condone this evil when He is a God of love?

My mom....who has taught us from the very time we got our wisdom that we MUST serve this God, has changed into something/someone that we dont know.............I sense demonic forces manifesting when we reprimand her, she makes aniimal sounds when she gets angry it is so scary and disturbing, since this woman of God was the most gentlest, humble. loving person I knew. Now she is just a person whom I beg will be with God when she leaves us. She taught us so much values ....how can God allow her to be afflicted with such a horrible disease...............How can we win souls of unbelievers when they see what believers look like. Please dont get me wrong...I will serve my Master Jesus Christ always, just like Mom taught me, but I need some answers.....the family is traumatised , we have no idea how to handle this situation

Views: 7066

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not there, so I can't say for certain if there is a demon present. But if there is a demon present, I can offer advice from a bank of personal experience.

You didn't say if your mom is in a nursing home or at home home. When you visit your mom whether it's in a nursing home or in a residential home, visit in pairs.  One person can talk to your mom and the other can pray quietly. Prayer can be soothing and calming. Just take a deep breath. A deep breath can help you calm down too. Sometimes a person can unconsciously hold their breath when facing something disconcerting. When I'm feeling uneasy, I tend to hold my breath. Maybe that never happens to you. Deep breaths, God's there with you. We are never left alone. If it's truly a demon talking, then remember it's not your mom talking. A demon will say or do almost anything. A demon can have a foul mouth.

For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them." (Matthew 18:20 NIV)

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV)

You can also read the Bible to your mom. Never underestimate the power of the spoken Word of God. Psalm 113 is a healing Psalm. It can be very healing for you and the other people in the room too.

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12 NIV)

Something I have done...You can pray, "In Jesus Christ's name, I want to talk to my mom." If you are dealing with a demon, it will be quiet, and you can talk to your mom. I was dealing with a demon, and it was just calling me all kinds of names. I understand it can be disconcerting to see and hear someone you love and care about behaving so mean. That's what I did to talk to a person. I think I needed to hear her voice. You'll know if it's demonic. God will show it to you.

Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he shall hear thee, and thou shalt pay thy vows. Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways. (Job 22:27,28 KJV)

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:9-10 KJV)

Remember who you are. You are God's child. God can strengthen you. It's Christ in you. Focus your thoughts on the Lord. He can keep you in His perfect peace. Take some time in the morning and at night to minister to yourself. The Psalms are wonderful. You can read the Gospels or the Epistles. Romans 8 is one of my personal favorites. Don't allow yourself to get tired out or to be drained physically and spiritually. You need physical and spiritual food. We don't live by bread alone. The spiritual individual that you are needs food too. If you should be facing a demon, you want the spiritual individual that you are to be big and fat. Now is not the time to put the spiritual individual inside of you on a diet.

That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man. (Ephesians 3:16 KJV)

To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:27 NIV)

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. (Isaiah 26:3 KJV)

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" (Matthew 4:4 NIV)

My hope is that this helps. God bless you!

Love,

Mary

Thanks Mary....God bless you sis. Its far more complex . i will keeps you informed.  ♥ ♥ 

My dear Sister Liz, I am so very sorry to hear about the sickness that is happening to your Mom. As I write this, I have a bunch of booklets from the Alzheimers's Association. My wife and I are going through with my wife's Mom. Alzheimers is a form of dementia. It is a sickness that attacks the very brain cells that have defined who we are. Here is a link to Alz.org.

http://www.alz.org/  I highly urge you to connect with these folks for help in understanding what is going on with your Mom and how you can help and be helped. They a lot of very helpful information. Prayer is our strongest tool. I am going to suggest that we pray and fast about this for your Mom and all the Mom's and Dad's out there suffering from this plague. 

Our hearts are so hurt but God is with us and he heals always. Our strength comes from the Lord.

Psalm 121:1-3New International Version (NIV)

Psalm 121

A song of ascents.

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip—
    he who watches over you will not slumber;

Thanks dear JM...bless u. Forever in my prayers

Hello Liz,

I am so sorry to hear about your precious mother. My precious daddy had Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, neither are pleasant. The one thing I noticed about him during the progression of Alzheimer's was that he could be mean to those who did not care for and about him. It was like he knew deep down inside who truly cared for and about him. I remember clearly the morning of his death, his lips were so dry. I asked my mother if they had any of those sponges that had moisture on them? They didn't have any in his room. So we asked an orderly to bring us some. When he brought them to us, I opened one and started to put it on his lips. My mother told me to watch out he'll bite you, ask the orderly. The orderly said he would bite me. I looked tenderly into my daddy's eyes and said to him, "You won't bite me, will you daddy?" He looked into my eyes with the tenderness he always had towards me and shook his head no. He never bit me. 

If you don't mind saying, do you know what stage she is in?

Sister Liz, if there is one thing I do know with a certainty, you said your mother was a Godly woman. The certainty I have is this, she will be in heaven when she dies. God has assured His children of this..."I will never leave you nor forsake you." God always keeps His promises. 

I love you sweet sister. You and your family our in my prayers.

Thanks Mischell, I miss u sis ♥

Liz, my mother also had Alzheimer's but you might say that she was lucky enough that the disease took her quickly. She passed  just 6 months after diagnosis at the age of 76.  My mother was also a devout woman of God. When we go through life we sometimes don’t understand why bad things happen to good people and why bad people who don’t live a Godly life or are non-believers seem to get all the breaks and live a prosperous, long life while good, God fearing people die tragically in accidents or suffer from debilitating diseases. When things like this happen I find words of comfort in the Book of Job. In the first 2 chapters of Job we read that Job was highly favored in the eyes of God. So much so that when the Lord had a council of Angels present that not only did he favor Job but he bragged about him to Satan, saying “Have you seen my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him. He is blameless and upright and fears God and shuns evil!” And Satan tells God that if ‘You let me put a hurt on him he will curse the day he met you.’ (Paraphrased). So God said, “OK, do what you want to him but you can’t touch him.” And Satan did by killing his children and all his livestock. But Job remained faithful to God. Then at a second council of angels God bragged about Job again to Satan but this time Satan  said if you let me put a physical hurt on him he will surely curse Your name. So God said, Go ahead but you can’t kill him. And Satan did. He afflicted Job with skin disease from head to toe that surely must have been extremely painful. Even though Job didn’t understand why God had done this to him he remained loyal and faithful, however he wanted answers and his 3 friends were of no comfort to him. Job wanted to know from God himself.

The point I’m trying to make is that nothing happens in our life (good or bad) without God’s permission. Satan may be the prince of the earth but God has total control. We learn from this that nothing happens without God permission. I know we as human get frustrated and don’t understand why He would allow such things to happen to us. Some seem to think that we as humans, even as God fearing as we are, must suffer as Christ has suffered. But this isn’t always the case. A lot of good Christians have long and prosperous lives and there are bad people who also live a life of turmoil.

Our reward is when we pass and the Lord takes us into His Heavenly Kingdom. No matter what has happened to us while we were in our life on earth will matter anymore. We will know a life of peace, joy and love in His paradise that he has set up for us. (He’s been working on it for more than 2000 years so I can only imagine what a beautiful place it is!) We don’t always understand God’s plan. We like to think we do but as the Bible says, “Our ways are not His ways, and our thoughts are not His thoughts.” We just need to keep our faith and be reassured that He will always take care of us. I hope these words have been of some comfort to you. If you need to talk more about this to someone please by all means send me an email to mlppotosi@gmail.com. May the Lord bless you and your family. Sincerely…..ML

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words of advice, it is much appreciated.

Please forgive me as I neglected to let you all know that my darling mother passed away on June 1...very quietly, in her sleep. We have no doubt she is in heaven

Bless you all!! 

I'm so sorry Liz. The heart ache of losing your mother is indescribable but I'm only guessing that what you was going thru while she was still with you was worse. My prayers are with you sis.

Thank you Tammy, my apologies for only replying so late . Bless you.....Sister ♥ ♥ ♥ luv u

Hi Liz,

It's so hard when we see our loved ones suffer.  I'm so sorry you went through that.  I am happy to hear you have peace now that she's with the Lord. 

Love and Blessings, Carla

Thank you very much

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service