All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

The past few years have been hectic for me. I have had to struggle for everything and now I am scared because I find myself struggling to hold onto My Lord.  I feel distant from Him although I try to keep in touch through prayers which I think are not effective.  I know it is scary but I need help to come out of this phase in my life.  My spiritual life presently is nothing to be proud of.  I feel so empty as if there is this hollow inside me that needs to be filled.  My dear brothers and sisters I need help.  I am distracted when I pray and these distractions come from within. I find it difficulty to concentrate in church. My mind always drifts off to other thoughts- my problems.  How do I get myself back?  Please I need your help.   How do I get back because I feel I have gone back to a lower level than I used to be. Where do I go from here? Please help!

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Lina

I can personally testify to feeling the same way in the past. It is difficult to overcome, but know this : If I can do it, anybody can! You can and will overcome if you remain in Christ! The second most important thing, we, as believers, need to do after being born again, is renew our minds. When we give our lives to Him, our spirits are born again, but our souls remain the same. We are stuck in our old thought patterns, habits etc. Everything in our spirits has become new and all things are of God. Therefore our minds need to be renewed to what is in our spirit, which is what is in the Word of God.

I do daily confession of who I am in Christ and constantly listen to Curry Blake’s New Man and DHT training. Try these teachings to set your heart on fire again!

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Be Blessed!! Dave

Thank you David for your encouraging words.  I pray that this phase I am in now would pass and I be made a better person.  I know the Lord has his plans and soon there will be a turn around/breakthrough.  Thank you for giving me hope.

Be blessed.

Sometimes God allows wilderness experiences to show us something or draw us closer. Read Job. It may not alleviate the feeling but might help you be at ease by going through it with Scripture of someone else who went through it.

Keep praying that it's lifted and just wait on God's timing.

When you are in a loving relationship with someone, you must work on the relationship. What would happen if you got married and decided that nothing else needs to be done? Is that how you treat a marriage or a friendship? A good relationship with God requires attention and conversation and caring. God works on the relationship too. It is not all His job or all your job. God also has feelings. The Bible is full of God's thoughts and feelings. When I'm feeling a little cold, I dig in harder into the Bible. I give God more attention. He doesn't want me feeling cold. God wants to stroll in the garden with you. He wants to talk to you. 

Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world. (James 4:8 NLT)

God bless,

Mary

It feels good to know that there is always support when needed.  Thank you Eric, Seek and Mary O for your encouraging words. It feels sad though that in times when one should be closest to God, one feels drawn away.  Thank you all for your reminder and your thoughtfulness.  After reading the book of Job to the end, I am sure I'll gain back my strength.  As the days go by, I have to let go of my worries and fears and surrender them to Him who is the giver of all good things.  God bless you all. 

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service