All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

1 Corinthians 9:1 King James Version (KJV)

9 Am I am not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?

1 Corinthians 9:1 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

9 Am I not a free man? Am I not an emissary of the Messiah? Haven’t I seen Yeshua our Lord? And aren’t you yourselves the result of my work for the Lord?

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
People may question both us and how the Lord has used us.

Views: 619

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1 Corinthians 9:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord.

1 Corinthians 9:2 New Matthew Bible (NMB)

2 If I am not an apostle to others, yet I am to you. For you in the Lord are the seal of my apostleship.

New Matthew Bible (NMB) Copyright © 2016 by Ruth Magnusson (Davis). All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
We are meant to be who we are for the Lord, just as Paul was.

You are meant to be as Christ is, not Paul.

1 John 4:16-17 (KJV)
16  And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17  Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

1 Corinthians 9:3 King James Version (KJV)

Mine answer to them that do examine me is this,

1 Corinthians 9:3 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

That is my defense when people put me under examination.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

People are going to examine us as Christians, they are going to look for us to fall but our defense is grace and the Lord, we don’t have to be faultless because He is perfect and we have Him. 

1 Corinthians 9:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

1 Corinthians 9:20 New Matthew Bible (NMB)

20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, to win the Jews. To those who were under the law, I was as though under the law, to win those who were under the law.

New Matthew Bible (NMB) Copyright © 2016 by Ruth Magnusson (Davis). All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

We often times have to get on others level and relate to them, Paul did this but its to be done without falling to sin. 

1 Corinthians 9:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?

1 Corinthians 9:5 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

5 Don’t we have the right to take along with us a believing wife, as do the other emissaries, also the Lord’s brothers and Kefa?

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
The best marriage is serving the Lord together.

1 Corinthians 9:7 King James Version (KJV)

Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?

1 Corinthians 9:7 Wycliffe Bible (WYC)

Who travaileth any time with his own wages? Who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of his fruit? Who keepeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?

Wycliffe Bible (WYC) 2001 by Terence P. Noble

These are my thoughts.

We are very accepted to receive blessings that are there.

1 Corinthians 9:7 King James Version (KJV)

Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?

1 Corinthians 9:7 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

Did you ever hear of a soldier paying his own expenses? or of a farmer planting a vineyard without eating its grapes? Who shepherds a flock without drinking some of the milk?

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

When we work with often get from it, we are to work for the Lord and it will be a blessing to others but we will be blessed also.

1 Corinthians 9:9

KJV 9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?

KJC 9 For it is written in the law of Moses, You shall not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treads out the corn. Does God take care for oxen?

These are my thoughts.

We shouldn’t let others keep us from shouting out the praise of the Lord, we also should know that the Lord will provide for us.

1 Corinthians 9:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 For it is written in the law of Moses, thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?

1 Corinthians 9:9 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

9 For it is written in the law of Moses, “You shall not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.” Is it for oxen that God is concerned?

New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright © 1989 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
God does care about animals but we mean so much more to Him.

1 Corinthians 9:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.

1 Corinthians 9:10 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

10 Or does he not speak entirely for our sake? It was indeed written for our sake, for whoever plows should plow in hope and whoever threshes should thresh in hope of a share in the crop.

New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright © 1989 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

We are to work but we can have faith that God will make our work fruitful.

1 Corinthians 9:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

1 Corinthians 9:11 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

11 If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you?

These are my thoughts.
We reap and then we sow. Evangelism and Discipleship are both needed in life.

1 Corinthians 9:12

KJV 12 If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.

KJC 12 If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but tolerate all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.

These are my thoughts.

We are to not overpower people but to share the power of the Lord Jesus.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service