All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

1 Corinthians 9:1 King James Version (KJV)

9 Am I am not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?

1 Corinthians 9:1 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

9 Am I not a free man? Am I not an emissary of the Messiah? Haven’t I seen Yeshua our Lord? And aren’t you yourselves the result of my work for the Lord?

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
People may question both us and how the Lord has used us.

Views: 619

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1 Corinthians 9:13 King James Version (KJV)

13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?

1 Corinthians 9:13 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

13 Don’t you know that those who work in the Temple get their food from the Temple, and those who serve at the altar get a share of the sacrifices offered there?

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

We are to only live off of what God gives us.

1 Corinthians 9:14

KJV 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

BSB 14 In the same way, the Lord has prescribed that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

These are my thoughts.

We aren’t to just share thru words but share by living out the gospel, letting Him change our lives.

1 Corinthians 9:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.

1 Corinthians 9:15 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

15 But I have made no use of any of these rights, nor am I writing this so that they may be applied in my case. Indeed, I would rather die than that—no one will deprive me of my ground for boasting!

New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright © 1989 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
We need to feel this strong about us boasting in the Lord as well.

1 Corinthians 9:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

1 Corinthians 9:17 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

17 For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if I do it unwillingly, I still do it, simply because I’ve been entrusted with a job.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

We should not be committed to our own will but be committed to His heavenly will for us.

1 Corinthians 9:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

1 Corinthians 9:20 The Passion Translation (TPT)

20 I became Jewish to the Jewish people in order to win them to the Messiah. I became like one under the law to gain the people who were stuck under the law, even though I myself am not under the law.

The Passion Translation (TPT) The Passion Translation®. Copyright © 2017 by BroadStreet Publishing® Group, LLC. Used by permission. All rights reserved. thePassionTranslation.com

These are my thoughts.

Paul was Jewish so he was being a fake or pretending to be someone he was not but choosing to live in the way he hadn’t to share the gospel sometimes we have to change how we do things to be a witness for the Lord this should never though hurt our walk with Him.

1 Corinthians 9:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

1 Corinthians 9:19 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

19 For although I am a free man, not bound to do anyone’s bidding, I have made myself a slave to all in order to win as many people as possible.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
Paul was free and he was Roman but because he wanted to win people he became a slave to Lord. We should also be slaves for Jesus.

John 15:12-17 (KJV)
12  This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13  Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14  Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15  Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16  Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
17  These things I command you, that ye love one another.

My thoughts, We need to learn to identify with Christ, we have the same Spirit. Reference, 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 (KJV)
 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17  If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1 Corinthians 9:22 King James Version (KJV) 22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 1 Corinthians 9:22 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) 22 With the “weak” I became “weak,” in order to win the “weak.” With all kinds of people I have become all kinds of things, so that in all kinds of circumstances I might save at least some of them. Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved. These are my thoughts. We need to be who we can so that God may reach us this may mean we reach down into hurts of our past to relate to them.

Good morning Clark,

Qt.  {We need to be who we can so that God may reach us this may mean we reach down into hurts of our past to relate to them.}

Sorry friend, but why would you want to go back and live in the past, and visit the same old hurts that you were redeemed from? (that is if you were born again)

Philippians 3:12-14 (KJV) 12  Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

When you were born again, the bible says in 2 Corinthians 5:15-18 (KJV)

15  And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again…. 17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18  And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

One can’t focus on the past and live a victorious life in Christ who has redeemed us from the curse. You can’t serve two masters.

Matthew 6:21 (KJV) 21  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also

If you treasure the psychological aspect of the Word of God over the Spiritual, then how can the Holy Spirit reveal the truth of God’s Word to you?

1Cor.2 says that the natural man (your carnal mind) receiveth not the things of Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him, and neither can he know them, for they are Spiritually discerned.

JB

1 Corinthians 9:23 King James Version (KJV)

23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

1 Corinthians 9:23 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

23 But I do it all because of the rewards promised by the Good News, so that I may share in them along with the others who come to trust.

These are my thoughts.

We should be wiling to do whatever God asks of us.

1 Corinthians 9:26 King James Version (KJV)

26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

1 Corinthians 9:26 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

26 So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air;

New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright © 1989 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

We have a goal to run to the goal is the Lord, we should be running after Him.

Romans 10: KJV.

Who shall ascend into heaven that is to bring Christ down from above, or who shall descend into the deep, that is to bring Christ up from the dead, But what saith it, the Word is neigh thee, its in your heart and in thy mouth, that is the Word of Faith that we preach, that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth, and  believe in thine heart that God has raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (sozoed, meaning healed as well)  So in light of this passage, why would you be running after Him. If we are born again, He is in us, and He says that He will never leave us nor forsake us. So it is just a matter of accepting Him, He says I stand at the door and knock, if any man opens, He will come in and sup with him and he with Me. 

Be Blessed, JB

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service